If you're looking for drain cleaning in Vancouver, BC, or nearby areas, understand that it's one of the most important things you can do for your home's plumbing system. A clogged drain can cause serious damage to a home, wreaking havoc on a home's water pipe and creating an even bigger, more expensive issue. By working with a company that offers drain cleaning, you'll be able to deal with the issue and resume your home to its regular working order.
There are many different reasons that drains can become clogged, causing you to have to reach out to a drain cleaning company. The main causes usually involve items that have gotten stuck inside the pipes. These items can range from hair to grease and other items that get lost down the drain. Initially, water continues to flow through the pipes, flowing around the stuck item. After a while, the buildup will prevent the water from flowing through, causing a clog.
There are several common causes for clogged drains that will require you to call a drain cleaning company for help. These include:
- Shed hair falls down the sink during washing and gets caught in the drain. Once it binds with substances like grease, shampoo, and conditioner, backups and clogs occur. A drain guard can help prevent hair from getting trapped in the drain in the first place.
- Food waste that gets washed down the sink during the dishwashing process is another key reason for clogs. This is true even for people who have garbage disposals. Scrape large bits of food and coffee grinds into a compost bin so that they don't get trapped in the drain.
- Tree roots can actually grow into your pipes through the tiniest cracks, ultimately blocking off water flow. This type of clog issue requires professional intervention.
These are a few of the signs to look out for that could indicate you've got clog issues:
- Your toilet is making bubbling noises, or the toilet water itself is actually bubbling. This is usually a sign that air is trapped somewhere in your plumbing due to a buildup that's blocking airflow.
- Water is backing up into your sink drains in your bathroom or kitchen. Water should flow freely and easily into your drain, so when it doesn't, there's usually a blockage issue.
- You smelled a foul odor coming from your drains, indicating a buildup of mildew or rotted matter.
- Your toilet water isn't flushing when you flush, but it's rising up inside the bowl instead. Drain snaking or a plunger can sometimes take care of this, but you may have to call for professional service if those tools don't work.
Consult Red Seal Drainage & Plumbing for Drain Cleaning Services
Red Seal Drainage & Plumbing offers all types of drain cleaning services from drain snaking to more complex drain cleaning services like excavation and water main repair and replacement. We can assess your issue so that it's dealt with in the most efficient, cost-effective way possible. Contact us a 604-245-3624 so that we can help you with drain cleaning in Vancouver, BC, and the surrounding areas.Back to blog