The frustration of a sewer problem is worsened when you have no idea where it is. The best solution is sewer video inspection. This service from Red Seal Drainage & Plumbing is used to find cracks, separations, pipe bellies, blockages, root intrusion, corrosion, and collapsed lines in your sewer drain.
Why Use Video Inspection?
Using video inspection prevents the need to dig up the full length of the pipe to find and repair the issue. A high-resolution camera is fed into the pipe. This special camera can pinpoint blockages or damage under a foundation, cement floor, driveway, yard, etc.
Video drain inspection can go from within a home as far as the point at which the pipe intercepts the municipal mainline.
How Are Sewer Lines Inspected?
If you have a sewer backup or suspected damage that we need to locate, sewer camera inspection is the ideal solution. One of our professional plumbers can insert a video camera inspection reel from a cleanout or inlet. From this point, we can access any pipe with a 1 ½” to 12” diameter. We have different sized cameras for different sized pipes.
Do You Need a Video Inspection?
If you are experiencing repeat backups, it can be a good idea to have a pipe camera inspection. Other reasons to have a camera inspection include:
- It is good to have a camera inspection done as basic home maintenance before any problems or disasters occur.
- Many older homes in the Burnaby area still have original sewer lines that are made up of clay, asbestos, and cast iron. These lines are susceptible to corrosion, root intrusion, separation, etc.
- You may also consider having a camera inspection before purchasing a home.
- A camera inspection is far less expensive than the cost of exploratory excavating if you have a backup because it can pinpoint the depth and location of the sewer line. At that point, a homeowner may decide to either repair or replace the entire length of the sewer line.
- Emergency events can be resolved quickly.
Our trained technicians can address various residential and industrial issues. Our video inspection scope is durable and accurate in accessing breaches, in even extremely challenging conditions. When you need to locate the issue with the help of a plumber contact Red Seal Drainage & Plumbing today.Back to blog